Phone: (02) 9290 1177
Fax: (02) 9290 1181
Nicole graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Business (Management) from the University of Technology, Sydney in 2003 and after completing her Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice with Distinction, she was admitted as a Solicitor in 2004.
In 2003, Nicole undertook a Forensic Law course at the New South Wales Coroner’s Court. Nicole completed her thesis paper on ‘DNA profiling in the Courtroom’ and she was placed first in the course. In 2004, Nicole worked on a Royal Commission of Inquiry and was also the Associate in Court to the Commissioner of the Inquiry, the Honourable Justice David Hunt AO QC.
Nicole has developed particular expertise in the following areas:
- Criminal Law (including matters in the Local, District and Supreme Court, Drug Court, Children’s Court, Court of Criminal Appeal and High Court);
- Family Law (including property and financial matters in marriage, de-facto and same-sex relationships, residence and contact issues, child support, domestic violence, maintenance and divorce); and
- Wills, Trusts, Estates (including drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney), and Family Provision claims and disputes under the Succession Act.
Some examples of Nicole’s recent cases include:
- Acting for an Appellant in a Court of Criminal Appeal matter in a manslaughter case;
- Acting for a Defendant in the District Court charged with possession and supply of commercial quantity of heroin, where the matter proceeded to a judge alone trial and the Defendant received a $500 fine only in respect of all charges;
- Acting for a Defendant charged with two counts of obtain money by deception and two counts of make false instrument with intent, where the Defendant received a $1,000 fine only in respect of all charges;
- Acting for a Defendant in the District Court charged with possession and supply of cocaine, loaded pistols and ammunition, where the matter proceeded to a jury trial and the Defendant was found not guilty on all charges;
- Acting for a Defendant in the Local Court charged with common assault and assault occasioning in actual bodily harm where the Defendant was found not guilty by reason of mental illness;
- Successfully acting for party in respect of an Application to re-open a Coronial Inquiry at the New South Wales Coroner’s Court and having previous findings overturned;
- Acting for Defendant subject to seizure orders and a Summons from the New South Wales Crime Commission in the sum of $250,000 where the matter was ultimately negotiated down to $20,000;
- Acting for a Defendant in the Children’s Court charged with common assault where the charges were ultimately withdrawn.
- Acting for the birth mother in Family Court parenting proceedings against her former partner where a known donor was used;
- Acting for a non-genetic mother in Family Court parenting proceedings against her former partner seeking parenting orders for equal time with the child;
- Acting for a known donor in Family Court parenting proceedings seeking time with the child;
- Acting for a gay de facto partner seeking property orders after separation in the Family Court;
- Acting for a wife in Family Court property and parenting proceedings where there has been an allegation of domestic abuse;
- Acting for a husband in Family Court property and parenting proceedings;
- Acting for an ex-wife in respect of an Application to Review a Child Support Assessment.
Nicole’s clients commend her honest and professional approach to their matters. She has acted for many high profile and high net worth individuals. Her diligent work ethic and warmth enable her to develop meaningful long-standing client relationships.
Nicole is an experienced and confident advocate and prides herself on providing practical advice to her clients. To this extent she has completed negotiation and communication courses. Nicole is committed to ensuring your case is given the attention it deserves and dedicated to resolving your case as advantageous and swiftly as possible.