Once Judgment has been obtained, whether by default or after a Hearing, you may enforce that Judgment to pursue recovery of the moneys that are due to you.

A number of procedures are available to enforce the Judgment. These include:

  1. Writs of execution, which involve the seizure and sale of property by the Sheriff to repay the debt;
  2. Examination summonses, which require the Judgment debtor to attend Court to give evidence of their assets, liabilities and financial ; and
  3. Garnishee Orders, where the Court orders that moneys due to you be paid from the debtor’s bank account or salary.

Judgments can also be enforced by way of bankruptcy proceedings (against an individual) or a statutory demand and winding up proceedings (for companies).