Phone: (02) 9290 1177
Fax: (02) 9290 1181
Michael was admitted as a solicitor in 1997, and practices in the areas of commercial litigation, insolvency, corporate law and commercial law.
Michael advises and acts for creditors, individuals, companies and their directors, liquidators, administrators, and trustees in bankruptcy.
This involves proceedings predominantly in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, and the Federal Court of Australia.
In particular, they include proceedings concerning professional negligence, breach of equitable duties, property disputes, the Corporations Act, disputes between shareholders and business partners, and business reconstruction or “turnarounds”.
In addition, Michael has assisted clients with transactional matters, including business sales and licenses, commercial contracts, employment agreements, and loan and security agreements.
Michael has been involved in a number of complex litigation matters. The Judgments for some of those matters can be found here:
- Alam v Quest Enterprises  NSWSC 752
- Quest Enterprises (NSW) Pty Ltd v Cassaniti  NSWSC 519
- Alam v Cassaniti, in the matter of the Bankrupt Estate of Sam Cassaniti  FCA 598
- Stafford & anor v Kekatos & anor (No 4)  NSWSC 1338
- Stafford & anor v Kekatos & anor (No 3)  NSWSC 1093
- Kekatos v Stafford  NSWCA 219
- IFX Markets Limited v Rappaport & Anor  FMCA 893
- In the matter of Anton Fabrications (NSW) Pty Ltd – Bentley Smythe Pty Ltd v Anton Fabrications (NSW) Pty Ltd  NSWSC 186
- George v Webb & ors  NSWSC 1608
- George v Webb & ors  NSWSC 86
- Dimarti v Dimarti  NSWSC 97
- Abraham v Abraham  NSWSC 785
- Ezystay Systems Pty Ltd v Link 2 Pty Ltd  NSWSC 180
- Ezystay Systems Pty Ltd v Link 2 Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1105
- Ezystay Systems Pty Ltd v Link 2 Pty Ltd (No 2)  NSWSC 1594